Wednesday, July 22, 2015

The Dark Knight Returns

Ah yes. I am batman.

(okay, so maybe it's more like "the fluffy skittles-obsessed ENFP writer returns")

So...Hi.

I left you.

For, like, a long time. 

A lot has happened over my unplanned vacation from blogging, but I'm here to get back into it. (most likely at a random, unusual pace, but hopefully I'll last this time. XD)

So, to start things running again, I'm going to just fill you in on what's been happening, and what will hopefully be happening here. 

1. I AM GOING TO COLLEGE. Okay, so this is a pretty normal thing, but it's extremely exciting for me, because I almost didn't get to go. Long story short: I got into my top two schools, but couldn't afford either one, even with academic scholarships. I knew God was calling me to a Christian school though, and at the last minute, after surrendering to whatever changes in plan God had for me, I found the Honors program at Liberty University. I applied, holding onto the final bit of hope I had to go to University like I so desperately wanted to, and got in. Since then, God has really opened up so many doors (I've got an awesome work study as a writing coach and *amazing* roommates), that I'm thankful my original plans didn't unfold like I expected.

2. I FINISHED THE FIRST DRAFT OF THE RESISTANCE CHRONICLES. It clocked in over 80K. The Resistance Chronicles is also now WAYWARD. Because It's probably going to be a series. And this is the first book. Oh right, it's also CYBERPUNK now. *cannot even*

4. For Campnano, I started a new project: It's called not My Type, and it's a Christian Contemporary Romance with a splash of MBTI. More on that later.

5. I read some great books. In other words, check out The Revised Life of Ellie Sweet by Stephanie Morril and Challenger Deep by Neal Shusterman. Now.

6. I got a scholarship to a writers Conference!!! I'll probably be posting about that, too.

I'm going to be blogging with updates on my college journey, embarrassing stories that are bound to happen, writing, and probably whatever else comes to mind.

....so hi. I'm back.

*vanishes silently*





No comments:

Post a Comment