I got nominated for two blog awards by Rachel Day!!
Like, whaaaattt? I'm super excited. Thank you so much.
♥ Thank the person who nominated you.
♥ Leave a link to their page.
♥ Give a brief story about how you started blogging, and share some tips.
♥ Nominate 15 other bloggers
♥ Notify your nominees by email or comment
My Blogging Story:
Well, a long time ago in a land far, far away....
I actually started a blog several years ago.. posting every now and then about the exciting things that happened to me. Which wasn't a whole lot, so I lost momentum and used facebook instead. XD But last year I went on a DIY binge and started reading a ton of blogs. I got inspired to do one of my own and BOOM the best thing I could come up with was "the drawing board." Because you know, I am always starting a new project Always going back to the Drawing Board to begin again on something new. Or continue something I love in a new way. :) I didn't have much to post about though, or many people to read it, so I only shared something every rare now and then.
Then, Go Teen Writers happened. And from that came Multi-Fandom Christian Homeschoolers and Writers. (it's a long name. We aren't even Bovvered.) These people made me want to write more-- and Because of them and my beta group I finally finished the first draft of Gifted. But I was also inspired to start something new-- The Resistance Chronicles. And if it weren't for these people I probably wouldn't have gone for it. But I did, and finally I had something I could share on a regular basis, besides the random workings inside my brain. You guys gave me the confidence I needed.
So thank you.
Well, I'm still pretty new to this, but here's a few things I think have helped:
1. Don't pigeonhole yourself. You are a person who probably likes a lot of things. Express that. You should probably have a focus, but It's okay to step outside of the box every now and then. :)
2. Don't be sad when the response is small. That just means it didn't reach the people who would find it interesting.
3. Appreciate criticism. I actually wish I got some more criticisms... because that will only make me work harder! I'm kinda weird like that though. Oh well.
4. Have a purpose. What do you want to accomplish? I want to share things that make me happy, so I can make you happy. I also want to be able to share my faith and help others in theirs. Those two things keep me inspired.
5. Have fun. Oh yes. This is a given, guys.
♥ Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
♥ List the rules and display the award.
♥ Add 7 facts about yourself.
♥ Nominate 15 other bloggers.
♥ Follow on blogger the person who nominated you
Here we go!
1. I am dairy free, for the most part.
2. I have a pet Cockatiel. AKA Man eating raptor/alarm clock.
3. I am a bird geek. My favorite bird is the Golden Eagle. Forget posters of Tom Hiddelston. I just want eagles all over my wall.
That came out weird.
4. I am a pianist. But I also play flute and cello sometimes.
5. I have been homeschooled my whole life, outside of taking college classes. :)
6. I am an ENFP. Or ENTP. Or something. It's complicated. XD
7. I am a Christian: Baptist preacher's kid.
OTHER BLOGGERS YAY!
These are all great. Seriously though. Go check them out. :D
And it's not fifteen.... but hey.
- http://aimeemeesterwrites.blogspot.com/ - she's already been nominated. But I want you to go and see her stuff anyway. It's awesome. XD
- http://digressionsofadementedscribe.blogspot.com/ -again, already nominated. Do I care? No. now go talk to Sohrem on her blog. He's amazing. XD
So what are some of your favorite blogs to read?