Monday, November 24, 2014

Blogger Recognition Award & One Lovely Blog

So something happened. I totally was not expecting this, and it really made my day.
I got nominated for two blog awards by Rachel Day!!
Like, whaaaattt? I'm super excited. Thank you so much.



The Rules:
 ♥ Thank the person who nominated you. 
♥ Leave a link to their page. 
♥ Give a brief story about how you started blogging, and share some tips. 
♥ Nominate 15 other bloggers 
♥ Notify your nominees by email or comment 

My Blogging Story:
Well, a long time ago in a land far, far away.... 
Just Kidding. 
I actually started a blog several years ago.. posting every now and then about the exciting things that happened to me. Which wasn't a whole lot, so I lost momentum and used facebook instead. XD But last year I went on a DIY binge and started reading a ton of blogs. I got inspired to do one of my own and BOOM the best thing I could come up with was "the drawing board." Because you know, I am always starting a new project Always going back to the Drawing Board to begin again on something new. Or continue something I love in a new way. :) I didn't have much to post about though, or many people to read it, so I only shared something every rare now and then.

Then, Go Teen Writers happened. And from that came Multi-Fandom Christian Homeschoolers and Writers. (it's a long name. We aren't even Bovvered.) These people made me want to write more-- and Because of them and my beta group I finally finished the first draft of Gifted. But I was also inspired to start something new-- The Resistance Chronicles. And if it weren't for these people I probably wouldn't have gone for it. But I did, and finally I had something I could share on a regular basis, besides the random workings inside my brain. You guys gave me the confidence I needed. 
So thank you.

Tips:
Well, I'm still pretty new to this, but here's a few things I think have helped:
1. Don't pigeonhole yourself. You are a person who probably likes a lot of things. Express that. You should probably have a focus, but It's okay to step outside of the box every now and then. :)

2. Don't be sad when the response is small. That just means it didn't reach the people who would find it interesting. 

3. Appreciate criticism. I actually wish I got some more criticisms... because that will only make me work harder! I'm kinda weird like that though. Oh well.

4. Have a purpose. What do you want to accomplish? I want to share things that make me happy, so I can make you happy. I also want to be able to share my faith and help others in theirs. Those two things keep me inspired. 

5. Have fun. Oh yes. This is a given, guys.





The Rules: 
♥ Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog. 
♥ List the rules and display the award. 
♥ Add 7 facts about yourself. 
♥ Nominate 15 other bloggers. 
♥ Follow on blogger the person who nominated you

 Seven Facts about Me?

Here we go!




1. I am dairy free, for the most part.
2. I have a pet Cockatiel. AKA Man eating raptor/alarm clock.
3. I am a bird geek. My favorite bird is the Golden Eagle. Forget posters of Tom Hiddelston. I just want eagles all over my wall.

That came out weird.

4. I am a pianist. But I also play flute and cello sometimes.
5. I have been homeschooled my whole life, outside of taking college classes. :)
6. I am an ENFP. Or ENTP. Or something. It's complicated. XD
7. I am a Christian: Baptist preacher's kid.


OTHER BLOGGERS YAY!
These are all great. Seriously though. Go check them out. :D
And it's not fifteen.... but hey.

http://words-inmysoul.blogspot.com/

http://sjaisling.com/about/

http://ofbattlesdragonsandswordsofadamant.blogspot.com/

http://apassionatafortheking.blogspot.com/

- http://aimeemeesterwrites.blogspot.com/ - she's already been nominated. But I want you to go and see her stuff anyway. It's awesome. XD
- http://digressionsofadementedscribe.blogspot.com/ -again, already nominated. Do I care? No. now go talk to Sohrem on her blog. He's amazing. XD


So what are some of your favorite blogs to read?


No comments:

Post a Comment